Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ah well it has been a while, non? We took a bit of a break from WoW over the summer, as real life forced its way in. C'est la vie.

But the important thing is we are back. And the game has been nerfed, again.

Let me tell you - it is a good thing I wasn't around for the last patch, as this blog would have been written months ago.

I expect in the next patch, we will be granted 60 free levels and a mount just for logging in the first time.

Don't get me wrong - leveling has never been easier. And when you are that last 3 bars away from your chosen goal, 5 minutes really can make a difference. I guess my issue is that its too easy.

Recently we gifted a family member with a WoW account. We grabbed the "recruit-a-friend" promotion and started gaming. We created two characters (alliance, sadly) and finished the Dwarf starting map in no time - and finished at level 15. Remember when we were barely level 9 and we had to kill boars to level just so we could go collect some shimmerweed? Yeah those were the days.

No longer will it take 15 days of game play to ding 80. Heck - start a death knight and you have skipped 10 of those days!

If it sounds like I have a problem with power leveling, I don't. Really, for those that just want to play the end game content, have at 'er. What I do have a problem with is playing the end game content with noobs who don't know their class. And if you have only been playing your toon for 3 days? Guess what folks, you don't know your class.

No comments: